St Martin’s Church has stood on this site since 1862 but by the late 1980s dry rot had taken its toll and the church was declared unsafe. With the help of English Heritage funding the building was repaired and internally transformed, rx we now have an upper and lower hall with the worship area being half the original size. The re-ordering has blended the original with the modern and has produced a beautiful place to be, we welcome you to come and see.
The building was rededicated by the Bishop of Manchester in July 2003.
The church is truly an integral part of the community the halls being used daily by local groups, from toddlers to teenagers, special needs groups to dancing activities, choral groups to conferences, the halls are available for hire.
The church too, ministers in the community taking assemblies in the local primary schools and having schools services in the church, taking communion into the nursing homes and serving needs through the St. Martins Charity shop in the village.