You have a Qualifying Connection with St Martin’s Church if any of the following apply:
- Baptised [christened] in the parish
- Confirmed [and the confirmation registered] in the parish
- Parent or grandparent was married in the parish
- Lived in the parish for at least 6 months
- Parent lived in the parish for at least 6 months
- Regularly attended church services in the parish [6 months]
- Parent attended church services in the parish [6 months]
This means that as long as you plan far enough ahead you can develop a qualifying connection to be married in almost any church.
This is just a summary of the rules regarding Qualifying Connection: please discuss this with the Vicar.